Saturday, June 27, 2009

Catching up!

Ok well this whole week has been a whirlwind. I finally got a good night sleep on Wednesday and didn't wake up until 12:00 the next day!!! I was so drained! So anyway I never got to post how things went down with the referral day and all. So here ya go. Alot of people have asked if Rusty was home when we got the call and the answer is yes. He got home about 45 minutes before they called. We were able to video the call so we will be able to show Jaden. After we got the call and called everyone in the world we went to my friend Amy's who if you have been following my blog you know the whole story of how we met on the net while I lived in TN and then 2 weeks later we found out we were moving here. We live 10 minutes from each other. Well we were shocked to find out that Jaden and Sophia are in the same orphanage! They are two weeks apart in age so they will grow up together. We are thrilled. We spent that night celebrating with Amy's family, Kearston, Amanda and Melissa and Bill who have one child from China and one from Taiwan. We all had a great time!





Then onto Tuesday when we got the other pictures of Jaden. I knew they were coming by FedEx and even had the tracking number. They had to be delivered by 3:00 that day. I really wanted to get a picture of the "stork" so I waited outside for a while. Then I put a note of the door asking him to knock so I could get my picture. I waited and waited. Finally at 2:51 he came. I am sure he thought I was a nut when I met him at the door with a camera. He was more then happy to pose though. I am sure he has done it all before!




The next few days I spent washing all the clothes I have bought for Jaden over the years. I finally gave up after 6 loads of clothes! I have tons of clothes from 12 months up to 3T, but none for a 7 month old! Yes I expected an older baby! But we are thrilled to have a younger baby, just not prepared. So after boxing up most of the clothes I have bought I went shopping. I bought a couple clothes that Jaden should be able to wear and I bought an excersaucer and a few more bottles. Today we loaded up on diapers. So now we are prepared for an infant! And we are so ready to bring her home.
We have already gotten our first travel packet from our agency. It is already overwhelming. I know that time will fly while we get ready to travel. I cant wait to hold our baby girl in our arms.

Oh yhea I almost forgot, we set the dogs down and let them know that they were getting a baby sister. You can look at the picture yourself and see how they took it!........



Not to thrilled are they!

No comments: