Monday, October 05, 2009

Last International adoption clinic visit and a reminder of what she left!

So today was the second part of Jaden's clinic appointment. Everything went great. Her hearing was excellent. She is now in the 97th percentile for height 75th for weight and 50th for weight with her height, the doctor said it doesn't get anymore perfect then that. They said whatever I am doing I need to keep it up. Then we met with the nutritionist who said the same thing and then on to the Phycologist. Once again we got a passing score! Finally we finished up with the lab work. After entertaining the whole waiting room we were called back and she cried right when they stuck her but after that she was more interested in what they were doing than how much it hurt. They drew 10 vials of blood from her tiny arm, one extra one because she is going to be part of a test group that the Doctor is doing. I think it hurt her more than it did me. Now we wait for our results.
An interesting thing happened while we were there. When they brought us back to read her TB test there was an interpreter that went back with us. Yhea thats right a Chinese interpreter! I asked them did they have the wrong person and nope she was there for Jaden! I had to laugh. We told her we would not be needing her since Jaden is only 10 1/2 months old. Before she left she started talking to Jaden in Chinese. Jaden jerked her head around so fast I thought she was going to give herself whiplash! She was smiling and giggling and clapping like crazy at the woman speaking to her in Chinese! I wanted to cry because it was so sweet, I never thought she would react that way. It went on for some time and everyone was watching how her eyes lit up. The woman told me all she was telling her was she was a pretty girl and she liked her clothes! It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. It seemed like she knew what she was saying.I guess she still remembers. Delaine told me I should have asked the woman what Jaden thought about me, wish I would have!





No comments: