Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quick trip to the zoo and a little update on Jaden!

Today after the contractors got to work on the fence, Jaden and I decided to make a quick trip to the zoo to check out the polar bears! The exhibit just opened and has been so crowded we haven't checked it out. It was raining off and on today so I thought we could go see them real fast since no one would be out in the rain. Boy was I wrong. I think every school in Columbus was there today! We went ahead and checked it out. It wasn't to bad. We got some good pictures of the bears and headed out the door.






Now onto Miss Jaden! She is doing so well. She is so funny and keeps us laughing! She is talking more. She will have a conversation with me and I have no clue what she is saying. I just keep saying really and yhea and she just keeps talking. Our only issue with Jaden since we came home from China is sleep. She refuses to sleep in her crib. She sleep with me at night and then for nap she falls asleep while I am holding her and then I lay her on the couch where she will sleep for about 2 hours. This is what works best for she and I. This week we have made big strides(at least for me). She will now crawl onto the couch herself when I tell her it is nap time and she actually puts herself to sleep! I know it is a small step but at this point I will take anything I can get. I am hoping that she can soon be moved to her bed so I can sleep through the night myself. She is a very restless sleeper and I get kicked in the head alot. But it is all worth it because most mornings she wakes up and kisses me to wake me up!



And in more exciting news, we will be going on a little trip soon! We are going to visit my wonderful friend Delaine and her family! We adopted our girls together and have not seen each other since. We had talked on the internet since before we were even logged in to China! And if that isn't enough we will also see another wonderful family that we adopted with, Tara and her family and also another of the group that has been emailing each other since before our referral Beth and her little Ping Ping will be there too! I can't wait to get the four of these girls together. And those three mamas helped me get through the long wait for Jaden with all of their support! I can't wait to see them all. They are all family to us after what we went through and all the things we shared! I am so excited. Look for pictures soon!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh, I'm so envious that you get to see Delaine, Tara, and Beth! That will be such fun. Jaden putting herself to sleep for nap is huge -- good job, Jaden! Don still rocks Sarah to sleep for nap, but she puts herself to sleep at bedtime. I hope you can get some good rest soon. It's been a long nine months for you....

The Winslows said...

Girl you are gonna make me cry!! I'm so excited about seeing you guys. Hugs and kisses to sweet baby Jaden!