Sunday, October 03, 2010

Apple Picking!

One of the things I have looked forward to doing with Jaden sine she has been home is pick apples! I dont know why because I have never picked apples that I know of. All summer I was thinking ahead to our apple picking trip. Finally fall came and it was time, so I bribed Rusty with the fact that I would make and apple pie if he went! It worked and he took off friday and we hit the road to a local apple farm. We had a great time and picked 40 lbs of apples!










Now I had to figure out what to do with all these apples! Of course I have to make a pie but how many apples can that take. So I found a recipe on the internet for apple sauce in a crockpot. I made it today and oh my goodness is it good! I am so proud of myself. Rusty said its the best applesauce he has ever had. Now we may have to go back and pick more apples!!!

No comments: