Friday, March 04, 2011

Just call me Suzy Homemaker!

I got the wild hair to try to make Jaden some clothes.  I took a sewing class 6 years ago to learn how to make sleep pants and that was the end of my sewing schooling.  But I love the look of these clothes and to order them online its like $50 + and Jaden is so tall with such a tiny waste(don't know where she gets that from) so I wasn't going to spend the money only to have the pants fall off her!  So I decided I would give it a try.  I searched and found a pattern on the internet and ordered the China Girl fabric and off I went.  I think it turned out pretty good for a first try with no help!  Rusty was shocked to say the least.  It is not perfect, there is one place where the ruffle is longer but oh well its my first try.  The good part is Jaden's pants actually stay up and she is not showing her plumber butt!  My next attempt is a sun dress. Also you would never know my model had a fever of 102 during these pictures! 
You will now be seeing Jaden in alot of these outfits!!!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Adorable! I don't know where you find the time to do everything you do, Suzy!

side of fries said...

I'm beyond impressed!!