Monday, March 05, 2012

And now it's time for a public service announcement...

Ok I know that Jaden is going to hate me a few years from now when she looks back and sees that I posted this but it just has to be put out there! Thanks to another blogger mom I found this out so now I am passing it own to all those who have adopted children from China.
First before we get to the pictures I will say that I had always hears that people of Asian decent had different ear wax than did the rest of the population. I never thought it was true, just old wives tales you know. But I now know it is so true!
My friend posted on her blog about a Chinese ear pick. I had seen them before and thought about ordering them, not for Jaden but for myself. I will tell a little secret about myself. I like to scratch the inside of my ears! There ya go, so it was going to be for me.
So I ordered these lovely little picks and decided to just see what I got out of Jaden's ear by using them. Holy crap! Here it is...
Yes all that came out of my wonderful daughter's ears! The daughter who when I asked the doctor, I was told she had clean ears. She has never had an earache that I know of. And it is different then our ear wax. It is more flaky! Jaden actually stayed still and let me do it and just said it tickled!
So you should all run, not walk to the computer and go to Amazon and order these bad boys! Just put in Chinese ear pick. I ordered 12 for $5 but I also ordered a lighted one for $2.60 and I LOVE it! You can all thank me later!
And now to get that wonderful picture of Jaden's ear wax out of your head here is a cuter picture!

1 comment:

Molly's Mom said...

Georgette, I am so happy that I could be of help and I am so proud of you for having the courage to post pictures of your child's earwax on a public blog. Many, many mothers will thank you for this valuable insight. Okay, maybe not many, many but at least a few.

When I originally decided to write my earwax post, my husband said, "Are you seriously going to put that on your blog?" I told him it was my duty. If I could help at least one other mother, it would be worth the future humiliation of my child when she discovers that her mother posted pictures of her earwax for all of the world to see.

Because of you, I feel that I have fufilled my pubic service duty!

BTW, interesting about Jaden's wax being flaky....Molly's wax is more hard and clumpy. Strange.

And finally, I totally agree about the lighted earpick. The bomb. Simply the bomb.