Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The zoo, My Big girl and has mommy lost her mind?!!

We started last week with a trip to the zoo with our neighbors! The weather was great and the kids had a great time together like always!
I decided Jaden was finally old enough to try to feed the Lorakeets! I thought she would be afraid but she loved it! I am sure we will have to do it every time now!
Last week was also a HUGE week for Jaden and mommy too! Jaden finally decided she was ready to be potty trained!!! She put panties on and has never looked back since. She has done great and has only had two small accidents. She was so upset when I tried to explain that she had to wear pull-ups at night but she finally gave in. We are so proud of our big girl! And last week I must have lost my mind because I decided to have a cook out for our entire Playgroup! The email was sent out to everyone and pretty much everyone came except just a few families. We rented a bounce house for the kids. I felt bad that our neighbors had to look at the fun they were missing so I scheduled it to come early. Unfortunately it was 45 minutes late so they only got 30 minutes to jump before the playgroup got here!
Funny story, when they were setting up the bounce house Jaden was so excited and said "thank you mommy for getting this for me for using the potty!". I don't know what she thinks she will get when she gets straight A's in school! So the party got started at 5:00 and not long after I looked out my window and saw this...
During the party Jaden and Sophie would not leave each others side! They walked around holding hands and pretty much ignoring everyone else! Poor Jaden even had a major melt down during group pictures because she wanted to sit by Sophie! I guess they have not seen enough of each other lately since we have both been so busy. Us with the adoption and Amy with their new house. I guess we better get them together more!
It really was a great time and I am sure we will be doing it again next year! And finally we ended the week with Mother's day and my sweet girl picked out my flowers which had to be pink since that is her new favorite color!
Maybe next year I will get two dozen roses since we will have a new family member! (check out baby brother's blog to see where we are now!)

No comments: