Monday, November 14, 2005

Finally our Homestudy draft

Well we have moved one step closer. My SW emailed me friday with a copy of the completed homestudy report. There was only one mistake that needed correcting. She has emailed the homestudy to CCAI for them to go over and make sure that everything is correct and then she will send it to the immigration office in Memphis. She will also let us pick up a original so that we can have our fingerprints done asap! It took exactly 21 days from our last visit till the homestudy was written up. Not bad but I was sitting on pins and needles. Hopefully it will take CCAI less then a week to go over it. Then our first BIG wait comes. I have been told it can take 13 weeks for approval. But most that I have seen lately are taking 8-10 weeks before they get the I171H. Lets hope for a big speed up in immigration. My hope was to be DTC by Christmas but that doesnt look possible. Now I am aiming for a January DTC. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
We have also finished painting the nursery and putting up the bed. I know kinda early but we like to be prepared. I will email photos later!
Georgette

No comments: