Saturday, December 10, 2005

My papers are gone!

We sent of our first groups of papers today to be authenticated at the Chinese consulate. We had to send my birth certificate and our marriage license to Houston because they originated from Mississippi and we had to send Rusty's birth certificate and employment letter to New York because they originated in Ohio. I did not want to let them go. The man at the post office told me not to get upset or he might have to go postal on me! I have worked so hard getting all this paperwork done I dont want them to lose it. When we send off our paperwork that originated in TN I may have to be mailed with it to make sure they done lose it. :-)
We are getting so close I cant believe it. Of course we are still waiting for our I171H. I think we will be waiting a while. I have heard awful stories about how long it is taking everyone to get their I171H. Some people are even getting their State Senators involved because of how long it takes! Hopefully we will not get to that point. Trust me everyone will know when we get our I171H! I will call everyone. That will be our last piece of paperwork and then the wait really begins!
Georgette

No comments: