Tuesday, November 29, 2005

We were fingerprinted!!!

Well this morning we went to the immigration office in Nashville and got fingerprinted! Now we wait for our I171H. We met a nice couple at immigration from Chattanoga who had just completed the adoption of their daughter six months ago and now they were going for #2. Both of their adoptions are special needs so their wait is not as long as ours. She said her social worker told her that they should get their approval from immigration in 4 weeks. I hope so, then ours would be that soon! Of course I told her that we had been told to expect 8-13 week turnover. Lets keep our fingers crossed. We were the only 4 people there who spoke english. I think as soon as someone comes from overseas that is their first stop. But they did let us go before all of the other people but it was still an hour wait. My fingerprints were perfect. The people doing our fingerprints said that if everyone was as good as mine their job would be alot easier. You know me I told them it was hard being so perfect! :-) Rusty's went well but they did have to redo two of them.
I am expecting to get our approval in January so that would put us DTC the end of January of the first of Febuary. Maybe they will speed up in Memphis and we will get it for Christmas. I doubt it though. We can always hope!
Georgette

No comments: