Friday, March 06, 2009

Almost doing the Happy Dance!!!

Well as most of you who are "in the know" about adoption know due to the LOOOOONG wait for China we have had to update our immigration papers now for the third time! And of course our fingerprints also. Who knew they changed? So a few of you also know that we had a couple of snafus with our homestudy.(Dont get me started) So I finally got my application of for our third, final and FREE renewal last Thursday. So today I went to the mail and shock of all shocks there it was the coveted letter from USCIS! After only one week, what??? When we started this process we lived in Nashville and had to go through the Memphis office and it took them 3 months the first time and 2 1/2 the second time(I want go into the fact that this caused us to have an LID 2 1/2 months later then we had hoped and also added about 2 years to our wait!) But the Columbus office got the same thing done in one week!!!
So was I shocked or what when I got it in the mail. But I had this nagging feeling it was too good to be true. And guess what? My feeling was right! I emailed the Columbus office for them to please let me know if this was my extension or just a copy of the old one correcting my address. Well it was the second option. But I am happy to say they see their error and I will have a correct extended copy of our approval next week! So you know what Columbus office still ROCKS! Another office I know needs to take some notes!

No comments: