Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finally doing the Happy Dance!!!




I finally got our corrected I171H in the mail today! I am so happy. I emailed the US*IS yesterday and they said they had mailed it on the 17th and that if I did not have it yesterday they would mail another one. Well we didn't get it yesterday so I emailed them AGAIN. They emailed me this morning and said they would mail it to me today. Well there it was in the mail today. I looked at the postmark thinking it would say 3/17 nope it said 3/23! And they paid extra to get it in one day. My guess is they forgot again to mail it so they did it yesterday. I am so glad to have it done! This was the last thing we needed before our referral.
I called our agency to let them know we had it and would be mailing it to them. Of course I also asked when we should get our referral expecting to hear "we are not sure but it should be in the next few months". But no, I was told that they were expecting referrals next week and that we should be in the batch after that! That would mean we should see her face at the end of April or the first of May!!! I figure it will be the first of May because Rusty will be out of town and I will be alone when I see our daughter's face!!! Here is keeping our fingers crossed for next month!!!

1 comment:

Karmen and Greg said...

Georgette --

Don't know if you remember me but we communicated a bit early on in this journey. I was thinking about you the other day --knowing your time was coming just around the corner. What a LONG journey, but in just a few short weeks you will be looking at your daughter's face. May the next few weeks fly! Looking forward to following your journey!

Karmen
www.babybernacchi.com
LID - 9/11/06 for Ella