Monday, August 31, 2009

Dr's visit and the worst 25 minutes of my life!

Well today was Jaden's first Dr's visit and she passed with flying colors. She is 29.5 inches tall and 19.11 lbs! That puts her in the 95% for height and 65% for weight on the American charts! Those who say Chinese girls are small have never met my girl! She did wonderful with our Dr. and he said we really hit the jackpot with her! He said she was very bonded to me and so happy. Luckily she has not caught what I have and only has a little nasal congestion. He is making an appointment for the international clinic to run all the tests she needs.
When he asked about how she sleeps I explained that she is very restless and wakes during the night. Now he also has adopted internationally and knows what is involved so he said we needed to let her put herself to sleep. She no longer needs a bottle at night either. So we decided to go ahead and bite the bullet tonight. Rusty is out of town and his mom is here helping me since I am so sick. I put her down and she cried like crazy for 25 minutes. After that she was out! I cant believe it. It was so hard to keep from going in there to let her know she was ok. Now lets hope she sleeps through the night!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWW!!!! I hope you get better soon! Jaden is a very good girl & just needs to realize that bedtime is BEDTIME!!!!