Friday, August 07, 2009

Last night in Jiangxi!

Well I can't believe it but tonight is our last night in Jaden's province of Jiangxi. I am looking very forward to going to Guangzhou tomorrow! I hear it is great! Today we got to do some shopping at the porcelin stores! That is what Jiangxi is known for. We got some real nice things for really cheap. I was shocked. Now the problem is getting them back home! Guess a new suitcase is in our future! We also went to the peoples park which is a wonderful park.
The big news of the day is that Jaden got to spend some alone time with her daddy! I had a meeting with our guide and I let her stay with her daddy. She did really well. And it was nice to get a break even if it was only for 30 minutes!
I have not had time to tell everyone our wonderful stories that we have had while here so I will let ya know how much fun we have had while I can since Jaden is asleep!
When we got to this hotel the room we had was warm but we thought it would cool down. No such luck, turns out our air was broken so the first night we spent together as a family was a very hot one. They told us we could move rooms but she was asleep and after the day we had with her there was no way I was waking her up! Thank goodness they moved us the next day! This room is much cooler. Not only that but the second night we were in this room Rusty got to watch a peep show out our window. Lucky me got a play by play of the whole action while I was feeding Jaden. Obviously the people across the way have no modesty and left their bathroom windows wide open!
Now the highlight of the trip was yesterday morning when I decided to use a q-tip in my ear and the cotton broke off and got stuck in my ear! I tried my best to get it out but I only pushed it in more! I was freaking out because all I could think was I was going to have surgery in some nasty hospital because I had a q-tip in my ear. Well thank goodness for Amy's mom AKA Grandy! Amy woke her up for me and she rushed down and got the q-tip unstuck! No more q-tips for me!!!
The traffic here is CRAZY! People just drive everywhere and they do not know how to stay in their lanes! Rusty took a video because no one will believe just how wild it is! I dont see how people dont get killed driving bikes and mopeds!
I will say that they people here have been wonderful. They all come up to us when we are out and coo over the babies. I have no clue what most of them are saying but some do say how lucky our babies are. I wish I could tell them that we are the lucky ones to have her now! I cant get over how she just clicks with us. China really did pick the perfect baby for us!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Georgie,
I am so happy for you, Rusty, & Jaden. You guys have waited a very long time for her and it sounds like it is a perfect fit! Hopefully I will be able to meet her sometime in the new future. When do you guys come back home? Did grandma come along??