Saturday, October 03, 2009

2 months a family! So let her eat cake!

Well yesterday marked out 2 month anniversary as a family of 3, well 6 if you count our three dogs! I would have posted yesterday but I have to take the time where I can get it. I can't believe that Jaden has been with us 2 months now. In a way it seems like she has always been with us. She fits so perfect. China knew what they were doing when they matched her to us. I catch myself staring at her at night while she sleeps(in the bed with me of course!) because it does not seem real that she is here with us after so long. But when she wakes me up at 3 AM to play it feels real!!!
We celebrated today with a trip to babies r us where Jaden saw her favorite TV character and just had to have it. Much to Rusty and I's dislikes she loves Barney! We both detest the purple dinosaur but what can you do? At least I get a few minutes peace when he comes on TV! We finished off the day with a celebration cake. We gave Jaden her own piece and she had a blast. Now she doesn't get sweets often and after tonight she will most likely never get them again! Its almost 9:00 and she is going strong!
In other news Jaden had her visit with the international adoption clinic here in town Friday. For all you not in the know they check the babies out to see if they are delayed in anyway. Usually these babies may have some delay because they have been in orphanages and don't get the stimulation they should get. We were fully prepared to get a baby that was delayed. We so did not get that baby. The doctor was very surprised with Jaden's development. She has no delays what so ever! They said her developmental age is 13-14 months! They were also shocked at her vocabulary. We have to go back on Monday to get her hearing checked, see a pshycologist, and do the blood work! That part I am so not looking forward too! This weekend we are having to collect poop for them to test. Thank goodness she is using the potty again because she is making it so much easier for me!
And finally I think the reason that Jaden is doing so well is that she had a wonderful foster mother. There is no doubt that she was loved and well cared for. I think about her alot because I know it could not have been easy to have her since she was 2 days old and keep her almost 8 months before someone she never met took her away. So I started asking for help in finding her because I did get her name while we were in China. A few weeks ago I contacted a man that lives in the province Jaden was from and he finds foster mothers and does homeland tours for adoptive parents. Well he knows Jaden's foster mother! He talked to her the day I emailed him and found out that the foster mother had taken pictures of Jaden while she lived with her! She wants us to have these pictures and she would like pictures of Jaden and her parents! So right now we are working on this. I have sent the pictures and a letter to the man to translate for me and he will take it to the foster mother. My hope is to stay in touch with her so Jaden will have that connection when she grows up. I am so glad I was able to find her and thank her for everything she did for Jaden in those first 8 months. We will forever be grateful to her! I will update again when I have the pictures and info!










No comments: