Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vacation recap and what's up with Jaden!

Well we had a wonderful vacation last week in Gatlinburg with my parents. Jaden had a great time with her nana and papaw and mommy had some help! I even got to go to the spa!!! This time of year there are lots of older people in Gatlinburg and Jaden was the star of the town! Everyone said she was so cute. I even had someone want to take her picture because she does wood burning pictures and thought Jaden would be the perfect model! Of course I forgot to ask if I could get one. We saw tons of bears. We saw two sets of twins and one set of triplet cubs! Remind me never to drink the water from those streams! Also one night we drove the car to the pool because the hills are killer and I told Rusty to park by the bear statue! Well turns out it was not a statue! It was about a 500-600 pound bear! We didn't get out of the car. My parents walked and they got about 4 feet from him! Nuts!
Jaden also had her picture taken in one of the old fashioned shops. It turned out so cute! I will try to scan it and add it soon.
We had alot of funny encounters with her while we were there. One day we had some lady come up to us and ask "is she one of those adopted babies?" Uh duh does she look like us. Rusty said that next time he was going to say no but I have been meaning to ask my wife about that! The first night we were there we set by some people at the restaurant who said their daughter was adopting from China but that the "bamboo curtain" had closed and they lost all their money! Ok what in the world is the bamboo curtain? I must have missed that while we were in China. Well I let her know that no the bamboo curtain was still open and her daughter needs to check into that cause someone is full of crap! But all in all people were very interested in Jaden and our story! I guess we got to get used to being stared at!
Now onto little miss Jaden and what she is doing. She has 5 teeth and it looks like another one is trying to pop out! Take my word for it when she bites it hurts! Her words now include bear, bird, duck, mama, dada, baby, and once she said papaw clear as day. Never happened again though! Sorry dad! She waves bye, blows kisses, and claps! She eats anything that she can. She loves vienna sausages! That would make my papaw Mire very happy! She drinks her juice out of a sippy cup with no help! She is letting go of things and standing with no help. Last night she was standing up and clapping! The big news is that she took her first unassisted step! I missed it but Rusty got to see it! I am not sure I am ready for her to walk yet. She is already into everything. We are putting locks on the cabinets this weekend!
She has her appointment with the international clinic this friday and again on monday. That should be a blast! I am not looking forward to that at all.
I cant believe that she has been with us almost 2 months, then again it seems like she has been with us forever!!!

P.s. Those are not turds in the pictures! She was eating raisins off the kitchen floor! (Anything that makes her happy)
P.s.s. A big thank you to our cousin Sarah who was crazy ( I mean nice) enough to come stay with Jadens sisters Lancie, Gabbie, and Kayleigh while we were gone! We owe ya!








No comments: