Monday, December 13, 2010

Disney in review!

I know, I suck. My plan was to update everyday while we were in Disney but that just didn't happen! We did not have much down time and then little we had I was to tired to post! So here ya go for my one blogger faithful I have!:-)
Of course the first day we were there we did downtown Disney to shop. And boy shop did we!
Day 2! Otherwise known as meltdown day! We had tickets to the Christmas party at the Magic Kingdom. Only downfall was that we could not get in until 4 so we slept in and had a late lunch and road the monorail so much that Caroline never wants to ride it again!
Delaine and I had the bright idea that we would rent a stroller for two that way the girls could sit together and we could take turns pushing. We all know how that went! If you missed it see the picture in the previous post. I just don't have the heart to post it again. To many bad memories! But after the meltdown the girls did have a good time! They got to ride Dumbo which was a big hit.

We rode the carousel which got alot of smiles.



We also road the Winnie the Poo ride where I learned that Jaden is not a big adventurous type! She was totally freaked by the ride and clung to me screaming the while time! Sorry no pictures!

We also got to meet the mouse himself and of course Minnie. I had been dreading this meeting after our Santa incident but Jaden surprised us all and went right up to him and hugged him. I didn't even have the camera ready because I was so shocked! But I was ready when she hugged Minnie!



Finally it was time to get in line for the parade. We also bought(bribed) the kids with light up toys and popcorn!


After the parade we hit the free hot chocolate and cookie stands. Someone had enough and fell asleep!



We decided to leave the park about the time that the fireworks started. This made for a fun journey because we of course had to go down Mainstreet with a double stroller. I felt like I was playing Frogger from the 80's! There were many injured toes on people who did not get out of my way! I asked nicely for them to excuse me but if they chose now to listen that was nobody's fault but their own. I was a woman on a mission and my mission was to get to bed!
By the time we got back to the hotel both girls were passed out and I was able to undress Jaden and get her ready for bed without a peep from her!

Day 3 was Animal Kingdom day! Once again we slept in and took it easy. We woke up to our wonderful view of animals outside out window which was great. And The girls played!



After lunch we went to the park. We loved the Safari ride. The girls thought it was so fun bumping up and down in the jeep. My bottom was not feeling the same way though! We also ran into some more carachters!




Jaden is in a dinosaur faze and was so excited to ride an actual dinosaur twice!


Then it was parade time again! Jaden loved parade time so we did it everyday! There was alot of dancing going on with Jaden!



After a few adult rides we called it a day! Once again Jaden had no problem going to sleep!

Day 4 we went to Hollywood studios! You will notice the girls were in seprate strollers. After our first meltdown we changed our plans to single strollers! Lesson learned! The girls got to go to Mickey's clubhouse which was a hit. Once again alot of dancing going on!



And of course it wouldn't be Disney without a parade! It was great!



The girls were great and even took naps. They also allowed us to ride some adult rides!



That night we ate at the hotel restaraunt which was great. We had a early night because we had to get up bright and early for our planes!



The next day we were up and out the door by 5 AM!!! We said goodbye to Disney and back to the real world!!! We had a great time and can't wait to see the Spruill family again!


Then we came home and I slept three days straight! Yeah right!!!

No comments: