Sunday, February 06, 2011

1st annual Chinese New Year Party!

So last night was the day I had planned for for well over a month! Lot of cleaning and organizing were done in preparation for the big day. Alot of people asked me if I was nuts! And leading up to it I was starting to think maybe I was alittle nuts!
But last night at 5:30 the fun started and our first Chinese New Year party was under way! We ended up with about 12 families here after two families had to miss it due to sickness. There were about 17 children running wild throughout the house. I was very surprised that Jaden did so well sharing her toys. It was alot to ask but she seemed fine. She did bring a few stuffed animals to me throughout the night for safe keeping! We had crafts for the kids but for some reason once the kids made the rotation to the basement for their craft they never came back up. Maybe it had something to do with the train set? There was tons of food and enough left over that we will have Chinese all week! We also had a great cake which a few of the kids kept calling a birthday cake! It was fun watching the kids play together and getting to chat with other parents!
And after seeing just how much fun Jaden had I think it will become a tradition! Maybe I am a little nuts!!! Enjoy the pics. There are more on the shutterfly site!







Yep thats my daughter in the middle sliding off the couch. If you could see her face you would see that she is crying. Red couch flashback, funny thing is she was smiling in the red couch photos!



No comments: