Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Finally a day in the sun!

Today when we got up it was pretty cold out but I knew it was going to get to at least 53 and we had made plans with friends to meet at the park. Now back in the day when I lived in the south if it was 43 degrees that was freezing cold and that meant you needed to stay in doors. But since we moved to the frozen state of Ohio if its about 40 that means a heat wave and you better go outside before it snows again! So I bundled the princess up and off we went. By the time we got to the park my van said it was 46 degrees! Oh yhea it was on! We had a nice picnic lunch with our buddies. We all tried to find that one spot that had some sun shinning down! I grabbed the coveted spot because my poor girl needed to soak up some vitamin D so she stays well for a change! It was a little cold but once we were done eating it was time to play. By then it had to be a sweltering 50 degrees! Heck some of the kids were pulling their jackets off. Poor Jaden didn't have a choice. The jacket stayed on, we are not that northern yet! Jaden had a great time playing a running. I had a great time having a conversation that did not revolve around Mickey Mouse, Buzz, or Woody!!! Wish we could do it again tomorrow but its gonna rain! Glad we grabbed the sun while we could.






Tonight Jaden will celabrate her first "Mardi Gras" Ohio style. I paid top dollar to have a Kings cake shipped here overnight. We have no floats but we do have beads! I am counting down the hours till we get to try that Kings cake! And you know there will be pictures!!!

No comments: