Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Mardi Gras in Ohio and my second creation!

Yesterday was Fat Tuesday and the last day of Mardi Gras. I was feeling a big craving for a little Kings cake this year. Its been forever since I have had one. So I ordered one and had it overnighted so Jaden could taste her first Kings Cake! Yesterday I was stalking the UPS guy waiting for my package. Finally it got here and we had a little Mardi Gras celebration of our own! There were no floats and nobody was yelling throw me something mister and there were no boobs in our faces! Nope Mardi Gras Ohio style was quite with JJ wearing beads and maybe throwing a few on Lancie. But the best part was the Kings cake! Oh my God it was SOOOOO good! I have had many a Kings cake but none compare to this one. I ordered it from Paul's Pastries in MS. It wasn't cheap but it was so worth it. I have already decided that we will be ordering one again next year, or maybe 5! Rusty had planned to take some to work but we decided it was too good! Sorry guys! Jaden was a fan of the Kings cake too. Of course she is a bigger fan of the beads! Maybe next time we can take her to see the real Mardi Gras!!!



I also finished a second outfit for Jaden. Same pattern just different fabrics. Now that I have done it once it is so easy to do. I am going to venture out and try a new design soon!

1 comment:

one son+one daughter='s our happy ever after said...

OMG..LOOOVE the outfit...do Soph's next plzzzzzz!!!! Super duper cute!