Saturday, September 10, 2011

Trip to Mississippi....

Jaden and I headed down to Mississippi a little over a week ago to spend some time with family. We had planned the trip for October but moved it up because my grandfather is pretty sick. We had a great flight down there and Jaden made the plane changes like a pro. She even gave me alittle break by taking a nap from Missouri to Houston!
Jaden was so happy to see her Nana and Papaw again even though it had been less than two weeks since we had seen them in Gatlinburgh. She had a great time seeing all of her southern family that she hasn't seen very often!





















While we were there Jaden got to wash her Nana and Papaw's cars. I have never let her do this but she loved it so it looks like I have a new carwasher!





After a week it was time to pack up and head back to the airport. Our first flight went ok, there was a little crying going on from my little flyer. When we got to Baltimore our flight was delayed an hour. At 10:05 pm we were able to board the plane and just as we were getting ready to pull away they opened the doors and told us we were grounded! Yes we were hit by tropical storm Lee which we were also hit with earlier in the week while we were in Mississippi! To top it all off poor Jaden started running a fever the minute we got to the airport and by this time it was 102! We set on the airplane for over an hour in the pouring rain and lightening! Finally they decided to take off. Luckily Jaden fell asleep as soon as we took off, I on the other hand was a nervous wreck. It was the worst flight I have ever been on. It was pouring rain and lightening like crazy. I was so thankful when the plane safely landed an hour later in Ohio! Jaden and I were both so happy to see Rusty and we finally got home at 1:30 A.M.! I plan on staying off airplanes for a while after that one! Its good to be home!

No comments: