Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Ahh the joys of motherhood...

There have been many times with Jaden where she has fallen and hit her head and I stress thinking should I take her to the Dr. But no other time was like Saturday night! We had friends over so that Jaden and Hannah could play on the swing set. Rusty was pushing Jaden and she let go and fell off the swing. It was a hard fall but I really would not have thought much about it since she was not that high. But right away she was very sleepy and she just wanted to go to sleep. She also was a little uncoordinated when I put her down to walk. After about an hour of trying to keep her up I decided it was time to head to the ER because things just did not look right. On the way to the hospital she started throwing up everywhere! I was really stressed then. Once we got the the hospital we were able to get her cleaned up and the nurse checked her out and said we could finally let her sleep. And she was out! After more than two hours in the waiting room listening to Rusty snore and checking out all the weirdos coming into the ER on a full moon, they finally called us back to a room! Jaden was out to the world during it all! The Dr. came in about 45 minutes later and said he thought she was ok, just a mild concussion but because of her stumbling and the fact that she was throwing up he really wanted to make sure there was no bleeding on her brain. So we decided for a CT scan. I explained to Jaden they were going to take a picture of her head and she had to be very still. They wanted to strap her down on a board but I told them no way! She did pretty good and they were able to get a good picture. Once they wheeled us back to the room we had to wait about 45 minutes before they had the results. Those were the longest and scariest 45 minutes of my life! I was so scared of what they were going to find and all kinds of scary thoughts were running through my mind! I was so relieved when the Dr. came in and said everything was perfect! We finally made it home and in the bed about 3:30 in the morning! Of course Jaden decided that she would wake up at 8 that morning! Needless to say she and I both took a long nap on Sunday! I have to admit the hospital was great(minus the assholes at the front desk) all the nurses loved Jaden and they even gave her a stuffed bear to take home! She will tell anyone who asks that her daddy pushed her off the swing and made her sick! And that the Dr. took a picture of her head and made her all better! I am happy to say that Jaden is back to her happy wild self! And she was on the swing set the next day! But her daddy will not be pushing her anymore!

No comments: