Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mommies have to do everything!!!

Since Jaden has been home I have noticed that everything she gets has assembly required! Pretty much nothing comes out of the box ready to play. In the beginning Rusty would put things together but I guess after awhile he decided putting together new toys was not his job. We get toys and they will stay in the box until he gets a wild hair! Well this week I decided that hair just was not coming anytime soon so I finally put together one of her Christmas toys myself. We also bought her a wagon a few weeks ago because she has outgrown her car that we push her around the block in. Well its just been sitting there in the box collecting dust. So I decided if we wanted to use the wagon before Jaden got her drivers license I better do it myself. I thought it would be a simple project of snapping on the wheels and going but I was so wrong! This thing called for a screwdriver, wrench, and hammer. I was good on the screwdriver and decided that it could double as a good hammer too! The funny thing is after I got done I noticed I never had to use the wrench! Every time I would get something put together Jaden would clap for me. She was rooting me on! It may have taken an hour but we got that wagon together! We even took a short walk and no wheels came off! Who knew mommies could do it all!!!(Please excuse the funnel that Jaden is playing with, I promise we are not trying to get her ready for college partying!!!)




This afternoon we decided to stop by and have lunch with Sophie and have a short playdate before we ran our errands! These girls love each other and I love to see how happy they are when they see one another!




Now Jaden and I are so excited because tomorrow her Nana and Papaw will be here!!! It has nothing to do with the fact that mommy gets a big break while they are here. And we get to go on a date night without a little certain someone!!!

1 comment:

side of fries said...

As much as we love our girls, there's just something amazing about having dinner without cutting someone else's food, picking up dropped sippy cups, or having to change a diaper JUST as the food arrives! Have a great time!