Saturday, May 29, 2010

Our trip is winding down....

Well we are getting ready to end our vacation. Tomorrow it is back on the road to home. I dont know why they call it vacation because I am alot more tired now then I was before we left home. We have walked more miles in the past few days then we did the whole two weeks we were in China. Jaden has done great on the trip. I was so worried about how she would react to the hotel room. She did fine. She had her toys to keep her busy at night and during the day we kept her on the move.
I have put the past two days pictures on shutterfly. I am too tired to put them here.
We went to Arlington yesterday and it was amazing to see all the markers with flags in front of them. We also went to the Holocaust museum, that is a must see for anyone. Yesterday we did the big tourist thing of walking in front of the White House and taking pictures. It was funny because it must have been Chinese tourist day. There were about 5 tour buses full of people that got out to take pics of the White House. We got alot of stares! We ended the day with dinner at the hotel. They had a band and Jaden put on a show dancing for the people!
Today was all about Jaden.(and me) We went all the way to China last year and did not see one Panda so we had to go to the zoo to see them here. They were both sleeping but at least we saw them. Jaden had the best time seeing the farm animals because she finally got to see her favorite animal the cow! She says mooo so cute and southern and I know she has been dying to use that word on a cow. She saw the cow and walked right up to it and said mooo over and over again! She was asleep before we left the zoo and slept through two subway rides!
We also had our first bit of negativity while we were here regarding Jaden. Of course it is Memorial weekend so all the veterans or here. Yesterday we passed a Vietnam vet and he was staring Jaden down with a look of disgust! I am sure he thought she was from Vietnam. I wish I had said something to him but it just caught me off guard. Jerk!
For all those wondering about our swamp a$$ situation I am happy to say that the weather cooled down yesterday and today it was just a tad bit warmer! We were able to get through the day without needing our anti monkey butt.(I know alot of you were wondering)!!!
So my next post will be back in the real world! Home sweet home!

1 comment:

Lauri said...

What a great trip! Don and I saw the pandas at the zoo a year ago February and bought Sarah an adorable stuffed panda in the gift shop. It's now one of her favorites (right after her two stuffed dogs).