Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2 Year checkup and more Thanksgiving pics!

So today was Jaden's two year checkup. She got 3 shots today which is the limit I allow, usually we just do two but I wanted her to have the flu shot. She was not a fan of the shots at all and I am already dreading when I have to take her again in two months. I realized today that she is no longer a baby because they put her on the big scale instead of the little one. Kinda sad! Jaden is up to 26 pounds(I thought she was 27 1/2 but I guess our scale is off, this is good news for mom!)
She is now 36 1/4 inches tall!!! That means she grew 4 inches in the past five months! She is now back in the 95%! The doctor said not only is she tall by Asian standards but also by American standards! I guess she will be taller than Rusty and before long. I never thought I would have a tall Chinese daughter! The Dr. said she is doing great and whatever I am doing I need to keep doing it!

Now onto our Thanksgiving holiday. We all had a great time in Mississippi! It was 80 degrees the whole time we were there until the day before we had to leave. For the first time we all made it home without being sick. I guess that it helped that we were sick when we got there.

While we were there Jaden had another birthday party. Someday she will have to realize that most people only have one birthday party! She loved her party and is really getting the hang of opening her own gifts!



Jaden also had fun playing with her cousins Cheyenne and Kayla! She even decided that she liked to pose for pictures and would just sit down and say cheese!




Jaden also got to play in her first big pile of leaves. She does not like to be dirty but she ended up enjoying the leaves!





We had a great Thanksgiving day with family!



Jaden also got to spend sometime with her cousin Jodus which always makes her day!




We also celebrated Christmas early since we will be at home this year. Jaden got her first American girl doll and she seemed pretty stoked!



Before we knew it we had to back our bags and hit the road. Jaden had to say goodbye to her Nana and Papaw. Thank goodness that Jaden was in a good mood and only cried 5 minutes during our 13 hour ride.



And now we are packing our bags again so Jaden and I can fly back down south next week! We are meeting up with the Spruill family at Disneyworld for a girls week of fun! I cant wait!!!

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Another tall Chinese girl! Love the shot of Mom and Jaden....